Proto-Quest

A place to write stories - it does not matter which kind. Fact or fiction.
Short stories, anecdotes, a novel or the story of your life.
Write your stories here.
encode_decode

Proto-Quest

Post by encode_decode » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:47 am

So I have decided to write a story - so that I may exercise my imagination. I am going to call this story Proto-Quest which means the original search.

I am going to have a few characters to start the story with and add a few more as time goes on. I want to make the chapters short and many. I want to have book sections with an amount of chapters that make up a section.

I am trying to think up ideas that might make up a good plot and I am asking for some help before I get started because I thought it would be nice if the story was a little interactive. So I am thinking of a small what if discussion to begin with and I will go first:
    • What if the original search is based on searching for the original intelligence that is at the heart of our universe?
    What about characters? I am thinking of giving them older names even though I just suggested a future plot. If I were to go with a future plot then how would our seekers(searchers) be travelling? Perhaps through a wormhole or a space ship or even some ancient mediation that transports their minds across that vast expanse we have come to call space. Should I include themes of magic or should it be science fiction.

More thoughts soon . . .

Now it is your turn - so lets hear it. What if . . . ?

:D

PS. Of course I will do all the writing - what did you think this was? << Rhetorical
    - Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion. (2017) -

Arcturus Descending

Re: Proto-Quest

Post by Arcturus Descending » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 am

What if the original search is based on searching for the original intelligence that is at the heart of our universe?
    Will you please define "original intelligence" and "heart" here as I do not wish to assume/presume that you are speaking of the God archetype.

"What If"

Now THAT is a hallway with multitudinous doors.

I simply love those things which boggle my mind. How do you plan to begin this without it sounding like a philosophical or scientific discussion?

Perhaps through a wormhole or a space ship or even some ancient mediation that transports their minds across that vast expanse we have come to call space. Should I include themes of magic or should it be science fiction.
    Okay. Perhaps it doesn't have to flow into a philosophical or scientific discussion.

Why set boundaries here? Allow it to become both, magic and science fiction. Don't stump its growth and flow. It will become what it will become.
    Let one's stream of consciousness flow. Let fantasy take over intermingled with reality and magic.

Also, let's not forget that the science fiction of yesterday is the real science of today.

You forgot the bubble. Why couldn't someone or their mind be transported around by a beautiful iridescent bubble? lol

Think of the rainbow, It is an awesome *real" phenomenon, yet at the same time it is so magical in its essence.

Names like Arthur, Galahad, Lancelot, etc...lol No, give them all original names.
    “A philosopher once asked, "Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?" Pointless, really..."Do the stars gaze back?" Now, that's a question.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Stardust

“Pick a flower on Earth and you move the farthest star.”
    ― Paul A.M. Dirac

encode_decode

Post by encode_decode » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:58 am

I will first focus on the inquiry into original intelligence.
      Arcturus Descending wrote:Will you please define "original intelligence" and "heart" here as I do not wish to assume/presume that you are speaking of the God archetype
      I will start by defining both words - original and intelligence:
      1. Original:
        • present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest
        • the earliest form of something, from which copies may be made
      2. Intelligence:
        • a person or being with the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills
        • the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills
      It is safe to assume that I am not referring to a God necessarily as we have license to fantasize.

I wonder what the being would be like though - I guess it would somehow teach the second being.
      - Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion. (2017) -

Arcturus Descending

Post by Arcturus Descending » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:59 am

1. Original:
        • present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest
        • the earliest form of something, from which copies may be made
      So what then would come before the *original* let's say of the letter from which copies are made?
      Farther back one might call its origin the tree, yes?
      What we think of the original of something is not necessarily the original of something.
      I just thought of that.
      Just think how far back we can skip before the tree.

[*]Intelligence:
      • a person or being with the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills
      • the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills
      [/list]
      It is safe to assume that I am not referring to a God necessarily as we have license to fantasize.
      But encode_decode, people often fantasize about their God. Who can actually know what or who is at the very beginning or original. Look how we have created this archetypal God into our own image and likeness (a fantasy).

I wonder what the being would be like though - I guess it would somehow teach the second being.
      Can we, in actuality, call this a being? Isn't that a human construct...unless of course this original is human or animal (including insect). lol
      What a shame that would be. That first must be totally unique unto itself.
      I do not know if it would teach anything - it might leave us to our own devices.

You never defined *heart*.

Oh, by the way, we might transport by way of Atlantis, you know, the lost continent, if there had been such a place. Wouldn't that be so cool?
      Water is pure grace.
      “A philosopher once asked, "Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?" Pointless, really..."Do the stars gaze back?" Now, that's a question.”
      ― Neil Gaiman, Stardust

“Pick a flower on Earth and you move the farthest star.”
      ― Paul A.M. Dirac