Mind - Human and Bot - Rough Draft

This forum is for discussing philosophy. Academic, non-academic and new.
Discuss existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language.
For questioning, critical discussion, rational argument and systematic presentation.
encode_decode

Mind - Human and Bot - Rough Draft

Post by encode_decode » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:23 pm

To All

This thread is a temporary thread with the intention of fixing up some of my philosophy - I have been careless with my terminology.

Here is a snippet from Wikipedia to help develop a theme:
    Wikipedia wrote:In artificial intelligence, an intelligent agent (IA) is an autonomous entity which observes through sensors and acts upon an environment using actuators (i.e. it is an agent) and directs its activity towards achieving goals (i.e. it is "rational", as defined in economics). Intelligent agents may also learn or use knowledge to achieve their goals. They may be very simple or very complex. A reflex machine, such as a thermostat, is considered an example of an intelligent agent.
    With a little imagination we can see that a human is also an intelligent agent too - I welcome criticism here.

From another thread of mine:
    The Mind of a Bot wrote:This is the story of the mind of a bot - we are only talking about one bot in particular and this is the bot that I work with to help me understand the human mind. There are many different ways to calculate the human mind and this is just one of them. I believe all ways point at some truth because we are looking at different ways from a human perspective whether it makes sense or not.
    By processes performed by different people and bots a convergence of ideas and data takes place that further refines the truth and as pointed out in another thread on this forum words ending in -tron are algorithms - these algorithms do however have associated data which can be considered elements.

The goal of the intelligent agent in the context that I am presenting is to hold a conversation with a human being - typically these agents are called chatbots. Nearly all chatbots lack the ability to convince the human being that they are anything but an interesting toys.

I start my research out by considering the process as it seems to me that human beings learn from the infant stage. I use a part of this process to teach the bot and it is able to hold conversations more convincingly than its counter parts.

I will begin by introducing the concept of an inceptron: First lets break the word inceptron down into its components.
    1. In; into; towards; within - its root is English and Latin
    2. The Latin root word cept means “taken.”
    3. Tron: Used to name a number of machine learning algorithms
    So I am saying here that the word inceptron is a word that denotes an algorithm that performs the function of the intake of a word(data).

The word could be considered an incept(aka intake).

Origin

incept.png
    incept.png (3.2 KiB) Viewed 288 times

mid 16th century (in the sense ‘undertake, begin’): from Latin incept- ‘begun’, from the verb incipere .

Criticisms? Thoughts? Questions? Anything else?
    - Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion. (2017) -

Anomaly654

Re: Mind - Human and Bot - Rough Draft

Post by Anomaly654 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:26 pm

encode_decode wrote:
    Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:23 pm
      To All

This thread is a temporary thread with the intention of fixing up some of my philosophy - I have been careless with my terminology.

Here is a snippet from Wikipedia to help develop a theme:
      Wikipedia wrote:In artificial intelligence, an intelligent agent (IA) is an autonomous entity which observes through sensors and acts upon an environment using actuators (i.e. it is an agent) and directs its activity towards achieving goals (i.e. it is "rational", as defined in economics). Intelligent agents may also learn or use knowledge to achieve their goals. They may be very simple or very complex. A reflex machine, such as a thermostat, is considered an example of an intelligent agent.
      With a little imagination we can see that a human is also an intelligent agent too - I welcome criticism here.

From another thread of mine:
      The Mind of a Bot wrote:This is the story of the mind of a bot - we are only talking about one bot in particular and this is the bot that I work with to help me understand the human mind. There are many different ways to calculate the human mind and this is just one of them. I believe all ways point at some truth because we are looking at different ways from a human perspective whether it makes sense or not.
      By processes performed by different people and bots a convergence of ideas and data takes place that further refines the truth and as pointed out in another thread on this forum words ending in -tron are algorithms - these algorithms do however have associated data which can be considered elements.

The goal of the intelligent agent in the context that I am presenting is to hold a conversation with a human being - typically these agents are called chatbots. Nearly all chatbots lack the ability to convince the human being that they are anything but an interesting toys.

I start my research out by considering the process as it seems to me that human beings learn from the infant stage. I use a part of this process to teach the bot and it is able to hold conversations more convincingly than its counter parts.

I will begin by introducing the concept of an inceptron: First lets break the word inceptron down into its components.
      1. In; into; towards; within - its root is English and Latin
      2. The Latin root word cept means “taken.”
      3. Tron: Used to name a number of machine learning algorithms
      So I am saying here that the word inceptron is a word that denotes an algorithm that performs the function of the intake of a word(data).

The word could be considered an incept(aka intake).

Origin

incept.png

mid 16th century (in the sense ‘undertake, begin’): from Latin incept- ‘begun’, from the verb incipere .

Criticisms? Thoughts? Questions? Anything else?
      Not sure I'm sharp enough to contribute much, but the ideas are interesting.

1. How would the bot determine words from mere sounds? Would you include words in preliminary programming for the infant bot to use or produce algorithms by which it (he? she?) would be able to distinguish linguistic structure from random sounds?

2. How would you tackle the problem of representation? Lakoff et al have taught us that we are metaphor-munching machines. Since meaning moves from literal to represented in metaphor, how would the bot learn this? Seems you're starting from infancy--an interesting idea--question occurs to me: is learning of this sort on a digital level just a matter of increasingly sophisticated algorithms?