Question about reincarnation

“The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.”
― Anaïs Nin
Serendipper

Question about reincarnation

Post by Serendipper » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:57 am

Who is being reincarnated?

The ground of being manifests itself into each creature like a fire manifests into flames that waft in and out of existence. The flames are "incarnated", but not reincarnated.

Gautama is the primary figure in Buddhism. He is believed by Buddhists to be an enlightened teacher who attained full Buddhahood and shared his insights to help sentient beings end rebirth and suffering. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha

Who is being reborn? Who is suffering?

If the way to end suffering is to end desire and realize oneness with the universe then that is cessation of existing as a self. If the thing that died never existed, then who was suffering? If the thing that died never existed, then who is reborn?
Serendipity - the occurrence of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way; life; learning.

Dan~

Re: Question about reincarnation

Post by Dan~ » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:42 pm

I consider reincarnation as more of a transmutation process.
The fire changes the material into a new status.
Likewise when we live we transmute food and water.
Then when we die and decompose the soul transmutes itself and goes up to a higher frequency.

Serendipper

Re: Question about reincarnation

Post by Serendipper » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:57 am

Dan~ wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:42 pm
Then when we die and decompose the soul transmutes itself and goes up to a higher frequency.
I think I can see what you mean.

I've noticed in a forest that some trees just "give up" and it's almost as if they "choose to die" in order to feed the stronger trees instead of competing with them. I swear, that's the impression that I get from my hobby of forest management where I'm killing myself to keep things alive. Some things, plants especially, seem determined to die. In some way, death is the way forward, maybe because evolution cannot work without it.
Serendipity - the occurrence of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way; life; learning.