Question about logic

“The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.”
― Anaïs Nin
Anomaly654

Question about logic

Post by Anomaly654 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:03 pm

I'm old and slow in my thinking these days, and hopeful that someone will comment on the proposal below. As my philosophical understanding is admittedly paltry, I spend too much of my time in retirement poring over philosophical concepts in what (at this point in my life) now seems a hopeless task, in attempts to figure out all the ways I need to shore up warrant for the value mechanism posted elsewhere in this section. The more I learn, the more I learn I don't know. Makes one feel small. A critique of the thoughts below would be helpful in my current studies on the synthetic-analytic, and Carnap's internal-external, distinctions...

This from Wikipedia:
"a synthetic truth is of something that is true both because of what it means and because of the way the world is"

In trying to figure out how this might apply to the mechanism of value, I came up with this:

Claims that absolute truth exists can be synthetically true because the information available to perception of material reality--that the physical world is ordered in a compatibilist sense [the mutable (matter) operating under the supervision of the immutable (non-contact forces)]--provides the same structure by which a prescript-producing spiritual component operating in the same reality and in the same compatibilist fashion can be discerned as part of the way the world is. Prescriptive [or moral] truth seems likewise ordered as evidenced in the thought experiment provided in 'spiritual mechanics' thread, whereby it was asserted [roughly] that given a provisional "mental proficiency" state of affairs, persons would encounter increasing tension and resistance as they struck a succession of inorganic and organic objects in relation to a recognizable quantitative or qualitative content of vitality or animation in organic entities that can't be ascribed to the material component per se. The value mechanism follows as a logical causatum of these premises.

In other words, it seems the true-false relations involved (in complex) in the value mechanism is able to represent a reasonable hypothesis of the existence of a supervising absolute truth by virtue of its postulates.

Thoughts?

encode_decode

Re: Question about logic

Post by encode_decode » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:56 pm

I have been putting some thought into this and hope to answer soon.

"supervising absolute truth"

This stood out to me and I think under my system of thought is represented by what I refer to as existing in the divine realm. I refer to it as "meta truth" which is to say truth that is beyond our natural realm. Under meta truth are things that are undeniably true - things like 1 + 1 = 2 and the perfect triangle among many thousands of other things. Many of these things do not exist in the world in which we live because they can be affected by the things that surround them.

I do hope I am making some sense here despite being brief - sometimes less is more but this might not be the case the way I have explained it.
- Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion. (2017) -